Thursday, November 18, 2010

We've made it 5 weeks!

Belly time: 26 weeks,1 day Days since rupture: 35 Countdown: 54 days, 3 hours

I'm feeling a little better today. Admittedly, I was overtired yesterday and I know that had a negative affect on my outlook. I am trying to think more positively today- trying to count my blessings:
- We've made it long past the average for pPROM patients
- Peanut continues to do well on the monitor, showing both a good heart rate and brain activity
- Peanut has had the hiccups several times in the past couple of weeks, so we know he has been trying to practice breathing
- As far as we know, my cervix is still closed, which is our best guard against infection since the sac is compromised

A couple of things that have been cause for concern:
- Peanut has had couple of registered heart rate dips. They were both very minor, but of course we would rather not see any
- I have had some bleeding this past week. Apparently, it's not totally unusual, but none of the reasons for it are something we want. They don't believe it has anything to do with my placenta, which is very good, but they really can't rule things out unless I have another exam. We are trying to avoid exams at all cost- since I'm already ruptured, an exam could cause my cervix to open, contractions, or infection. We are praying that I won't have any repercussions should they have to do an exam.

Please be keeping us in your thoughts and prayers- this situation is completely out of our control so we need all the help we can get!

No comments: