Sunday, November 28, 2010

We're halfway there!

Belly Time: 27 weeks, 4 days
Time since Rupture: 45 days
Countdown: 44 days

As of today, we have made it 45 days on bed rest, and have 44 to go!

This past week has gone by pretty quickly- having Thomas and my family here was a welcome distraction. It was very hard seeing them leave today; especially knowing that I won't see Thomas this coming weekend.

Our excitement this week included: pizza in the 'family room' on Wednesday, followed by contractions and a ridiculously strong muscle relaxer, a hospital cafeteria Thanksgiving meal with the fam on Thursday, Peanut disappearing in my belly and giving the nurses a scare Friday night, only to find out he was starting to turn, a mini-shower with my mom, Lauren, and Misti on Saturday, and the mass exodus of the family today.

I try to keep in good spirits, but every once in a while I end up throwing myself a little pity party. Tonight was one of those times. Even though I am here for the only reason I would be, it is still extremely hard to be missing out on the holidays. I feel as though I am missing out on a real pregnancy experience- I'm not getting my belly rubbed by strangers in Publix, or getting to swap stories with other moms I see, or having my students tease me about how big I'm getting, or getting the nursery ready, or shopping around town for baby clothes...

I am so thankful we are now on the downward slope. I hope this little guy will stay in until 34 weeks, so we can take him home sooner. I'm getting pretty homesick...

3 comments:

Dolores Steiger said...

I know you enjoyed having the family with you!! It had to be a good distraction and I am sure you got lots of hugs...

And you're halfway there!! Hurrah!! Peanut, you are a good boy.

Stay positive and hang in there. It's working...

Dolores

sam stephens said...

Hope you're still doing as good as when we were there. Also hope you had a great Thanksgiving!! We went to Rome, Ga to visit with family. Will be in Orlando during the first week of January @ a music conference. Hope to see you then!

brosam

Alice Chitty said...

Suzanne, Rhys is fearfully and wonderfully made. Jesus carefully made him in His image to become a man of God. May each day be filled with His love for you. Larry and I love you and pray daily. Granny & Papa Chitty