Wednesday, December 1, 2010

28 week update

Belly Time: 28 weeks
Time since Rupture: 48 days
Countdown: 41 days

I think 'sleeping well' in the hospital is a bit impossible, but that doesn't mean I don't try. Apparently, I am one of the only patients who actually sleeps at night- everyone else stays up all night and sleeps all day. Weird. Those people are going to have some serious trouble re-adjusting when they get to leave. Anyway, I didn't 'sleep well' last night- I woke up pretty much every 2 hours, but I did manage to sleep past 6:30, which was amazing. In fact, my nurse had to wake me up at 7:30 because they called for my Ultrasound. (This is very unusual- usually I go down at the end of the day.)

So, I got to see Peanut pretty early this morning. He looks precious, of course. I am trying to be excited about seeing him, and not fret too much over my fluid levels. I am still losing fluid, and my level was down a little bit from last week. Overall, I am still below 2cm which is definitely in the 'severe' range. (Levels vary depending on the person, but a minimum at this point would probably be 14cm.) I am encouraged that he seems to be moving around a lot, so hopefully there isn't too much compression on his little body in there.

Here's a pic of Peanut's face- again, it's pretty hard to see, with my lack of fluid, and he has his hand over half his face, creating a shadow. I think he has Thomas's eyes.


Here's a second pic- this one is his profile. Again, that looks like Thomas's mouth to me!
(In this one, you can also see a foot up by his face- they are ridiculously flexible!)


Here's his heart rate- as you can see, his heart looks beautiful.



In addition to our US today, I started getting my next round of steroids for Peanut's lungs. Ouch. I have to chant to myself during the shot- 'This is for baby. This is good for baby." One more tomorrow, and maybe another at 32 weeks. We shall see!

In other news, I am now the Reigning Queen of Antepartum. That's right- HRH Suzanne. I have been here longer than any other current patient. (My friend, Nancy, went into labor yesterday morning, so I moved up the totem pole.)

Blessing for today: I've made it 1 week without muscle relaxers!
Complaint for today: I live in a hospital. I think that about sums it up. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you and Rhys so much. Can't wait to have you both home, but not too soon. He's still has to bake a little longer. Although, I miss you terribly and hate only getting to see you on the weekends, I am so proud of the sacrifice that you are making to keep him healthy. I knew you would make a great mom from the time I fell in love with you. Keep it positive...like you said, It's for the baby. Unfortunately for him, when he's older and does something not to our liking we can truly say, "Do you know what I gave up and went through to have you?!?!??" HA HA!


LOVE YOU TONS!
Thomas

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne and Peanut! Casey and I think of both of you often and pray when we do! We're and one more part to the movie title: "eat, PRAY, Love & PRAY SOME MORE!"
Love and prayers!
Sue and Casey

Anonymous said...

Suzanne and Thomas,
The first thing I do everyday is check in with you on facebook to make sure Peanut is still behaving himself and then I report to Rodney and Wendy. We are praying for you all everyday!
Best wishes to you all!

Denise, Rodney and Wendy Fain

Laura Michael said...

Suzanne,
Just wanted you to know how much you and your "growing family" are in our thoughts and prayers! Chris and I miss seeing you and are glad you are keeping us posted on your progress! I am so happy you reached this milestone... Rhys is incredibly lucky having you and Thomas as parents. Take care, and stay strong!
Love,
Laura

Unknown said...

You already know that the shots and everything are so worth it! I had to chant that to myself twice a day when I had to give myself shots all throughout my pregnancy with Heidi!! Glad you are getting some rest in the hospital - it is usually so hard to do; especially so far along in a pregnancy :)