Monday, December 6, 2010

Labor Limbo

Belly Time: 28 weeks, 5 Days
Time Since Rupture: 53 days
Count Down: I have no idea.


Well, looks like today may be the BIG DAY! Even though I didn't make my original goal, I'm so happy that we've made it as far as we have. I'm trusting that this is the perfect time for him to come. I've been so encouraged by all the prayers for our little Peanut.

After a long evening of painful contractions, we (Thomas and I) were able to get a little bit of sleep. I guess I should have enjoyed the drugged sleep I was getting on the Vistaril, since those may be the last full nights of sleep that I get for years to come.

We're not sure what Rhys's exact size is now, but he's small enough that I will be given a c-section when I reach 2cm. My perinatologist believes this will be shortly. Please keep praying for the delivery -I think God has been trying to teach me that he's in control as my original birth plan was natural delivery.

Lessons learned:

1. I can try and plan all I want, but God is in control.
2. When it's time for you to have a baby, you'll have one.
3. IV's are the devil.
4. Six liters of water a day will make you extremely nauseated.
5. Showering on a stool takes twice as long.
6. Wheelchair rides aren't as fun as one might suppose.
7. You can survive on hospital food for longer than you think.
8. Life is better when Thomas is around.
9. Pregnancy has the potential to bring you both extreme joy and extreme pain.
10. There is nothing like the comfort of feeling your baby move and hearing its strong heartbeat.

We'll be playing the waiting game today, monitoring my contractions. Depending on how the evening goes we may or may not be able to do a full blog update after the birth, but Thomas will post something on Facebook when there is news.

Again, we ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers. We have appreciated all the prayers that have continually gone up for us. They have made all the difference.

5 comments:

Amy said...

We will continue to pray:
-for the great physician to provide healing and health for both you and Rhys.
-for the Prince of Peace to comfort you, Thomas, and your families as you wait.
-for Rhys' enthusiasm for life to carry him through his next set of challenges!

Unknown said...

We're excited and nervous for all of you!!Keep us updated as we keep you in our thoughts:) Sandy & Hannah

Julianne said...

I am thinking of you guys today! Praying for you and waiting to hear the news. :)

Unknown said...

Please know that we are all with you and the baby. We are thinking and praying for the both of you and are here for whatever you need.

Unknown said...

Jenn and I are praying for all three of you. God is in control. Praying for peace, healing and for you all to feel God's embrace around you.