Thursday, December 9, 2010

Seriously?

Belly time: 29 weeks, 1 day
Time since rupture: 56 days
Countdown: 33 days

When I ruptured, I had no idea what had happened. I was determined to figure out what our best plan of care was, which lead to lots and lots of Googling. Lots.

During one of my Google searches I found kanalen.org, which is a site wholly devoted to PROM. I joined their support group (which is sometimes more depressing than supportive), so I now get email updates, newsletters, etc. 

Today, I just happened to click on one of the links in my email- it took me to a list of activities PAP (pregnancy after PROM) mothers should avoid. On the list: 

No professional singing
 (puts undue pressure on the diaphragm and all the muscles around the uterus; singing for fun is fine).

Hmm... so should I let all the feelings of guilt come back? Did my singing possibly cause me rupture? What on earth...? 

For those interested in viewing the entire list, it can be found here: http://www.kanalen.org/prom/pap.php?p=5

As far as the labor goes- I am still "out of labor"; however, I have still been having very strong contractions. I can't even begin to explain how sore my belly is. I am begging in prayer that my contractions will stop completely and I will get to come off of the magnesium sulfate. Even though my body has *somewhat* adjusted to this, I still feel absolutely horrible, and, since it does cross the placenta, I can only imagine Peanut must feel pretty terrible too. Hopefully, I'm getting the worst of it. 


No comments: