Thursday, December 16, 2010

30 Weeks Corrected

Days with us: 4
Corrected age: 30 weeks

Today is when 'belly time' would equal 30 weeks- in the NICU this is the measurement they use to determine their 'corrected age.'

This has been one of the best days of my entire life: I was able to hold Rhys for the first time. It was amazing.


Rhys has been doing wonderfully. Today was an especially big day for him- they moved up his mL of milk, he was taken off antibiotics as no sign of infection was present, they took out his intubation tube (he has a nasal cannula), and he got to be held by Mommy! His night nurse, Paula, told me I "cooked him good." It is a rather strange compliment, but I'll take it! Especially after so many week of worry about how he was "cooking."

Here are some pics of our time together today:





Thank you so much for your prayers- please keep them up! God's hands are obviously on this child. 

No comments: