Friday, December 3, 2010

My new relationship with vistaril

Belly Time: 28 weeks, 2 days
Time since Rupture: 50 days
Countdown: 39 days

Well, the past few days have been a blur for several reasons:

 - Misti has been here with the girls, and they have proven to be quite a good distraction. Yesterday, the girls made me some Christmas tree card clips to hang my Christmas cards on. (I don't have any as of yet but at least, if I get some, they will have a home!)

I know this pic is a little blurry, but it's the best I could do from the bed. 


My regular card board is filling up, as you can see. 



-  I have also been having more contractions- certainly not something we are wanting to see yet, so they've been giving me vistaril fairly regularly. They said if I start true labor, they can't do anything to stop it, but if I'm just having false labor contractions then the vistaril should be enough to calm everything down. Unfortunately, with my lack of fluid, just about every move he makes causes uterine irritability. My body is getting a little more used to the vistaril- I'm not totally passing out every time I take it any more, but I do still get extremely groggy. 

I am so proud of my little guys for hanging on so long in there. Although my goal is still 34 weeks, at least at this point, should I go into labor, I can take encouragement from the fact that he has had 50 more days to grow stronger inside of me. I just keep praying that I'll gain more fluid- it just seems like that would solve so many issues: his lung and kidney development, my uterine irritability, his ability to move and stretch like he should, my overall sanity...

Counting my blessings: Peanut has made it passed 2 huge milestones! 24 and 28 weeks! And, we have completed 2 rounds of lung steroids, so he better had come out wailing like Placido Domingo. 

Complaint: The uncertainty is killing me- I am too much of a planner for this! My nursery isn't decorated, I haven't even the littlest bit of shopping done: no changing pads, diapers, wipes, bottles, etc. It's enough to make me crazy. 

Please take a look at the link below- Lowndes County is hosting one of March of Dimes "Walk for Babies" Days on April 23, 2011.
https://www.marchforbabies.org/wd_regp01.asp



4 comments:

Dolores STeiger said...

Suzanne - how great that Peanut has had so much time inside - he has to be stronger now.. Hopefully the contractions will continue to subside with the medicine. I am glad my peapods have given you a distraction during this time - they are so sweet and I am sure they have given you lots of hugs. Keep up a positive attitude! Thinking of you.

Dolores Steiger

Anonymous said...

Suzanne- You've done such an excellent job! Of course I'm praying that you still gain fluid and that the contractions stop, but should he come early, 50 + extra days of protection is amazing! Can't wait to see you and meet Rhys. If that walk is the same weekend as VSO, I will definitely be walking it with you. I did a little Black Friday shopping for Mr. Rhys and will send it out to you tomorrow or Monday :) Don't worry about the nursery, we didn't put Cam in his room for 2 or 3 months, and the hospital will send you home with enough stuff to get you started. Keep up the good work! XX- Lauren

Unknown said...

Suzanne~
I've been checking your blog regularly! So glad that you seem to be in a good state of mind, and so glad your happy visitors are helping!!! The Christmas tree clips look great and very festive! The girls did a great job!!! Prayers are constantly coming from NJ and here for you, peanut, and Thomas!
Can't wait to have you back in Valdosta!!!

Unknown said...

Do not worry about not having everything prepared! We barely had anything ready for Heidi, but it was because I chose for it to be that way out of my own sanity. Her furniture came in the day she was born so we had extensive help in getting her nursery all set up. Actually the only things we had ready were things I had received from showers and that's the only reason we had diapers or wipes. You will be just fine! It is a great time to cash in on favors you are owed :) You are doing great and little Peanut will be here healthy and strong before you know it!!